Sr. Network Engineer – Singapore
10x Genomics is a high-growth genomics instruments, consumables and software company, founded in 2012 and now comprising 600+ employees. 10x is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, 10x’s Chromium System performs deep cellular analyses, enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. The company’s mission is to accelerate the mastery of biology to advance human health.
Since launching its first product in 2015, 10x Genomics has quickly become one of the most successful and impactful companies in the life sciences industry. The company raised a total of $243 million in funding from investors that included Venrock, Fidelity, and Softbank. 10x went public in September 2019 in an IPO that raised nearly $390 million. 10x has reported significant growth in revenue, generating $146 million in 2018, with >100% annual growth. In a short period of time, 10x has achieved leadership across multiple fields in the life sciences, enabling fundamental discoveries described in over 450 peer-reviewed publications. The company is in the very early stages of its growth and anticipates many opportunities ahead, spanning basic research as well as applications in biopharma and clinical diagnostics.
Products and Solutions
Since introducing its first commercial product in 2015, 10x has launched numerous products spanning instruments, reagents, and software across multiple application areas, including single cell analysis, immunology and spatial genomics. The company’s Chromium platform has a global install base of over 1,000 instruments, used across many areas of biology, including oncology, immunology, and neuroscience. In 2018 10x launched multiple new products and made its first two acquisitions to bring in new technologies for future product development. The company has an extensive and deep product pipeline and will continue advancing within existing product lines and expand into new directions.
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER (SINGAPORE)
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer with extensive experience in designing, building and operating robust, scalable and secure networks to join our team. You will be part of a global team that manages a network environment that supports large volume of data traversing multiple locations. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about network engineering and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Design, implement, and support LAN, WAN, wireless, and network security solutions that meet corporate IT and scientific computing requirements.
- Provide expert level technical leadership in networking for all infrastructure and network security projects.
- Assure the rigorous application of information security principles in the delivery of network services.
- Manage connectivity between multiple locations in Singapore, US and Europe.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend solutions for improving network performance and security.
- Monitor network performance, identify bottleneck, ensures uptime, and troubleshoot network issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation with the global team.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience with network engineering and operations.
- Expert knowledge of network and routing protocols – Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, IPsec, etc.
- Experience building HA infrastructure by utilizing clustering, load balancing and other technologies.
- Experience managing DNS, DHCP and IPAM solutions from different vendors.
- Solid understanding of QoS technologies and congestion management.
- Experience managing firewalls and network switches from multiple vendors, such as Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco and Arista.
- Experience in IP telephony and multi-campus video conferencing solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in Windows systems and Active Directory administration strongly preferred.
- Experience in virtual platforms, such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM.
- Working knowledge of virtual network design and networking products on AWS.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, e.g. Python.
- Professional certification such as CCNP or CCIE.
Candidates who require work passes to work in Singapore need not apply.