Support Scientist, AMR
Location: Pleasanton, CA
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
As an in-house Support Scientist based at our Headquarters in Pleasanton, CA you will be at the center of innovation that builds and maintains an optimal Customer Experience. As a key member of the Support Team you will assist in the development and continuous improvement of commercial processes to ensure that 10x Customers are supported beyond their expectations.
● Work within the Contact Center to provide direct application support (product information, troubleshooting, complaint handling) to our Customers, Distributors, and Field Applications Team.
● Log, track, manage and report on Customer issues using Zendesk and Salesforce databases.
● Receive and manage Support inquiries through omni-channel support platform (phone, email, chat, text)
● Work within the Escalation Process to get solutions from partners in R&D, Product Management, Manufacturing, Engineering as needed
● Participate in Support-related projects to develop and maintain databases, report on trends and quality
● Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience.
Required Skills and Background
● BA/BS with 2-5 years of experience, MS with 0-2 years of experience, PhD with experience in Molecular Biology or Genetics considered
● Outstanding written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
● Skills and experience with project management, life science tools and genomics technology is strongly preferred
● Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite (Mail, Calendar), Concur, Confluence, JIRA, Salesforce
Desired Skills and Background
● Customer Support experience preferred.
● Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
● Willing to travel up to 10%
● Salesforce and Zendesk experience highly desirable