10x Genomics advances biology to improve human health.
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is one of the fastest growing biotech companies, going from $3M in revenue in 2015 to $200M+ in 2019. Our products are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions, and have been cited in over 700 research papers on discoveries across the life sciences, including oncology, immunology, and neuroscience.
We're seeking a Product Manager to lead our efforts around the web. This position is fantastic for a generalist, who enjoys digging into web analytics, prioritizing the best user-facing additions, and working with designers and developers to create the best experience possible. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys owning and growing websites and web apps from scratch.
We're currently midway through transitioning our site from Wordpress to an internally-managed site built on modern web technologies (Next.js & React). This will open the doors to building a variety of new additions, including e-commerce, cool new tools like our recently released publications page, and integrating our visualization software into the cloud.
For this position, existing science knowledge is not required. If you're excited about building websites to advance human health, apply!
- Prioritizing the new web products and features we build.
- Managing timelines and working closely with our designers and developers.
- Digging into our analytics and search traffic to see how we're doing and what we can do better; Orchestrating A/B tests.
- Working with Scientists and Researchers to design what tools would be most beneficial, and working with Sales and Marketing to improve lead generation.
- Planning for future web expansions that bring more complex software into the cloud.
Things we’re looking for
- Data analysis skills: You have experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, A/B testing) and a drive to derive the right insights and interpretations from data.
- Excellent organization and project management skills: You have demonstrated abilities to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines.
- Experience building products: You have a generalist skill set and experience building useful products
- Technical sense: You might not code, but you feel comfortable discussing topics with engineers.
About our interview process:
Unlike many interview processes for Product Managers, we respect your time and won't ask you to build an extensive deck on how you'll solve all our problems. Instead, if you seem like you might be a good fit, we'll ask you to complete a 20-min challenge. There are no "perfect" answers to the questions; they're purposely written to be open-ended and challenge you to think critically. Check it out here. If that all goes well, you'll do an additional exercise together with the hiring manager, and then come on-site to meet the team!
How is this better than other PM jobs?
- Your work will directly accelerate the speed of scientific research and disease-curing discoveries across the world. Non-ironically, you can actually make the world a better place.
- You'll get the opportunity to make significant impact. Our environment is more autonomous than process-driven, and we focus on balanced, rational decision making.
- The team you’ll work with is highly productive and smart, and spans from biologists to designers to hardware and software engineers. We work with modern technologies, including Figma for design, and React, Go, and Typescript for development.
Could you show me cool stuff you're working on?
What's special about the tech?
10x Genomics is at the forefront of single-cell and spatial analysis. Our products are extremely popular among researchers, because we allow them to better understand what's happening at a more precise level than ever before. For example, 10x technology lets you understand the precise differences between a cancerous cell (where the DNA has mutated) versus a normal cell. We're the top choice in the space because of our system's high performance, our end-to-end hardware and software ecosystem, and our focus on customer support.
I need some visuals to help me imagine what it's like to work there.
Who might I be working with?
On the software team, we bring in talent from inside and outside the life sciences, including VMware, Google, YouTube, Facebook, Udacity, Autodesk, OpenTable, EA, and 23andMe.
Who are your customers?
Our customers include researchers across the world, including 93 of the top 100 global research institutions (ex. Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Columbia, UCSF, and Yale) and 13 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies (ex. Pfizer, Novartis, Merck, Genentech, and Amgen)
Where are you located?
Our HQ is located at 6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd., Pleasanton, CA, a short 10-minute walk from the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART. There's plenty of free parking at HQ; very convenient! We also have a small office in San Francisco, near the Embarcadero BART station, as well as offices across the globe in Stockholm, Singapore, Shanghai, and Leiden.
I'm intrigued, but I need to know more. Can I email someone with questions?
Yep, go right ahead! Email Frances Yun (email@example.com)
Those FAQs were mighty convincing. How do I apply again?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.