Sep 11, 2017
10x-pert Workshop - Single-Cell RNA-seq Sample Preparation Techniques and Best Practices
We recently kicked off our online, interactive 10x-pert Workshop Series with our first session - Single Cell Sample Preparation Techniques and Best Practices. Hosted by R&D scientists and 10x-perts, Jessica Terry and Jill Herschleb, this workshop covered topics from general do’s and don’ts to deeper dives into two of our demonstrated protocols for preparing nuclei for single-cell RNA-seq and removing dead cells. Following the presentation, we also hosted a lively Q&A session.
Watch the session recording and find links to single-cell sample prep resources below.
Recording table of contents
- General tips and best practices: 3:25 – 17:25
- Demonstrated protocol – Nuclei isolation for single-cell RNA-seq: 17:30 – 34:20
- Demonstrated protocol – Removal of dead cells from single-cell suspensions: 34:23 – 41:00
- Open Q&A session: 41:00 – 60:00
Single-cell sample prep resources
- Demonstrated protocols and technical notes can be downloaded from the 10x Support Site
- Here are some of the protocols discussed in the presentation:
- Check out our Chromium™ Single Cell 3’ Training video series, specifically chapter 4 for single-cell sample prep techniques.
Register for our upcoming 10x-pert Workshops - See the schedule here.